Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tea with a view


Here you have 2 views from my tea place! My new apartment is located on the 7th floor and the Taipei County government building can be seen from here. I wish I would face a mountain, a garden or the sea instead, but such views are quite rare in Taipei. But I'm very content with this place. Banciao, the Taipei suburb, is mostly made of new constructions or (not very) old, (but very) ugly buildings. Luckily, my window also oversees a traditional red brick building with a courtyard that can be seen a little on the picture on the left.

The best part of this place are the big windows that bring a lot of natural light to the room. It lets me appreciate the colors of the tea and tea ware much more. To underline this light, we chose a light wood color for the floor. I had thought of using tatamis, but my wife convinced me that wood is easier to dust. So we settled for these light bamboo flooring instead.

2 comments:

Steph said...

That is a gorgeous apartment!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely... sigh...