Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Advent Day 8, Red Extreme Delight


Red tea is a great choice for cold and grey mornings. So, today, I had my other red tea from Mojiang in Yunnan. It's made with high mountain Qingxin Oolong leaves and buds from spring 2012. I'm keeping it in a big qinghua porcelain jar. It's very different from the Dian Hong I had yesterday. It has a lighter taste and scents. It's not as sweet, but can be slightly astringent if not prepared well.

For the first brews, it's important to pour the boiling hot water very slowly on the leaves. But it's not necessary to brew very long, because the leaves aren't rolled.
A thin gaiwan and thin cups help to underline the finesse and lightness of this high mountain red.
The color isn't very dark, because I want to taste this high mountain character. That's why a low leaf to water ratio is OK.
The scents are closer to perfume than any other tea I can think of right now. It has a little sweet and sour touch that adds life to the taste.
It feels like a Christmas song sung by a choir of children. Pure, light and sweet.
Angels are rejoicing! Hallelujah! The warm Christmas spirit lives in this Chaxi.
Let me also share the good news from my online boutique:

- All my red teas are discounted by 10% until end of December, (see all my Xmas specials here)
- There's a free sample of my mystery Oolong for any order of 60 USD or more. The first 5 people who can recognize its origin win 25 gr of Da Yu Ling Oolong from winter 2014.
- Free airmail shipping + 25 gr of Si Ji Chun from Zhushan with any order over 100 USD,
- Free EMS shipping + 25 gr of Oriental Beauty (2014) with any order over 200 USD.
- A free postcard or 2 for all orders, and I give my Oolong Brewing Guide for orders over 60 USD.
Order this week and receive your package before Christmas!

No comments: